EIT Health Campus Degree Programmes Line seeks Working Group moderator for Healthy Living and Active Ageing
EIT Health InnoStars brings together 21 Core and Associate Partners from the more progressive regions within European countries where the overall pace of innovation is still moderate. We promote healthcare innovation with competitions, education, support to start-ups, conferences and many other activities.
Headquartered in Budapest, EIT Health InnoStars spans several geographic regions in Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal. As EIT Health’s implementer of the Regional Innovation Scheme of the EIT, InnoStars is able to extend its impact beyond these principal regions, to reach an even broader range of European citizens.
The four Core and 17 Associate Partners of EIT Health InnoStars benefit from EIT Health’s unique ability to facilitate collaboration between best-in-class regional health innovators, including universities, global healthcare companies, start-ups, entrepreneurs, academic/research institutes and business creation experts. Strengths of this partnership include:
- Access to the largest geriatrics medical centres in Portugal and Central Europe.
- Strong industrial partners in the ICT, medtech and biopharma fields.
- Four reference sites of the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA).
- A science-based incubator in Coimbra, Portugal, with a special focus on tech-transfer and creation of spin-offs.
Support to start-ups, training and events
Successful EIT Health-supported activities with lead partners in InnoStars regions include start-ups like Heartgenetics, which transforms genetic data into actionable knowledge for healthcare professionals; SyNoesis Therapeutics, a start-up developing a cure for Parkinson’s Disease; SensDX, which develops diagnostic testing technologies that allow users to accurately identify specific diseases at home; and Smart Ageing Camp Bootcamp, a programme for those who would like to introduce products or services that are dedicated to the elderly.
EIT Health InnoStars organises top-tier events for the EIT Health Community, such as the EIT Health Summit 2018 in Lodz, Poland, Matchmaking 2018 in Campania and the Joint Grand Final 2018 in Budapest.
InnoStars flagship programmes
- The InnoStars Awards, a funding competition for early-stage healthcare EU start-ups with prototype or minimum viable product ready to be launched on the market.
- StarShip, an InnoStars Innovation Fellowship Programme targeting PhD students from InnoStars regions. The StarShip programme provides the next generation of leaders in health innovation hands-on experience using the Stanford Biodesign Methodology.
- The Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS), a programme designed to close the gap between regions that are leaders in healthcare innovation and areas that are moderate innovators.
The InnoStars covers The widest region within EIT Health network, consisting of 14 countries. This area includes the highest concentration of funding for European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) for innovation, with €20 billion available up to 2023.