The GoGlobal Canada programme will provide 13 top European SMEs with a unique gateway to three recognised Canadian innovation hubs, which can act as major stepping stones into the North American market. Reciprocal relationships will be a key added value of the programme, with long-term involvement of strong local partners developed at recognised international events.
Is it for me?
Participants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Strong existing traction in Europe / international partnerships.
- Minimum viable product and/or a product for which first clinical data will be obtained before September 2019.
- For medical devices, CE mark obtained or expected by the end of 2019.
- Existing revenues for Digital Health companies.
This programme aims to attract innovative healthcare SMEs in biopharma, medtech and digital health. Preferred areas of focus include AI, diagnostics, genomics and ehealth.
- May 2019: Information webinar on Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver
- 25-26 June 2019: Preparatory workshops / Canadian delegation during MEDFIT event (Lille)
- September-November 2019: Immersion programme in Canada
- 11-14 November 2019: Internationalisation workshop / Canadian delegation at MEDICA fair (Dusseldorf)
The work begins with individual meetings, to better understand and qualify the SME’s needs and expectations of the programme. It will be followed by a high-level webinar, to present the specificities and local players of the three ecosystems. There will also be preparatory workshops during the MEDFIT event on Canadian market access, and the possibility to network with Canadian delegation will also be part of the programme. Additional on-site programmes take place in Canada during the second semester. Further visibility, networking and sharing experience between peers during MEDICA event will be provided in mid-November.
The programme offers:
- B2B Meetings with qualified key stakeholders including support structures, KOLs, and potential partners.
- On-site visits to key R&D sites, incubators and accelerators.
- Introduction to VC firms and a potential roadshow.
- High-level visibility in the local ecosystem, including pitch and networking events in each ecosystem.