Europe is home to many health and life-sciencs start-ups and SMEs that can find it difficult to grow, especially when the introduction of new treatments to the market involves a long, complicated and costly process. GoGlobal aims to provide companies in medtech, biotech and digital health with the competence needed for international expansion. Participants are supported in entering to new markets with knowledge about specific countries' healthcare systems, regulatory envirornments, key stakeholders and competitors.
Interested candidates can choose from several GoGlobal programmes:
- Start.Smart.Global: Helps European life science SMEs optimise their market entries into the lucrative but challenging business environments of Japan and South Korea.
- GoGlobal Canada: Provides 13 top European SMEs with a unique gateway to three recognised Canadian innovation hubs.
- GoGlobal Medtech/Digital Health: Medtech and digital health companies seeking their first export market partake in ten days of investigating Europe, the US and China. .
- MedTech Exchange Accelerator: Gives medtech and digital health start-ups first-hand insights about the country specifics of the Chinese healthcare market.
Is it for me?
The target participant profile in the GoGlobal programmes are start-ups, scale-ups or SMEs. They must either:
- Possess a product and have started to sell,
- Have strong proof of concept, advanced in the regulatory/certification process, and have the ambition to expand to the international market within the next 12 months.
What you receive from GoGlobal programmes
The commercial value of these programmes is an estimated €10 000, and no equity is asked for in return. Travel costs can be partly reimbursed by EIT Health. When you finish the programme, you will have the knowledge and local contacts you need to successfully enter your target country.
Within the programmes you will have the opportunity on-site to develop an internationalisation strategy for your business, and answer questions like:
- What are the specific regulatory affairs?
- Which hurdles am I facing in my specific market?
- Which partners do I need and how can I find them in my region?
- Who can help with this within the local evnironment?
With the EIT Health GoGlobal programmes, you will have the opportunity to learn directly from experienced companies and experts who have already answered these questions. You will benefit from preparatory workshops to get the highest added value possible and get country-specific know-how (cultural and business) in the target market you wish to enter.
How to apply for GoGlobal programmes
Register here, and then select "GoGlobal" to apply for these programmes. All applicants will be reviewed by a group of GoGlobal programme leaders.