The EIT Health Summer Schools support innovation by empowering the healthcare leaders and innovators of tomorrow. These programmes provide students with the necessary skills to identify needs related to healthcare and to transform innovative ideas into well-elaborated business cases that can attract investment.
Summer Schools are two-to-three week programmes. Compared to E-Labs or other Campus activities, Summer Schools stand at the beginning of the health innovation pathway. Their main objective is to deliver the knowledge, skills and attitude that can prepare learners for creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship in fields relevant to the three major challenges EIT Health seeks to address: promoting healthy living, supporting active ageing and improving healthcare. Each school should address one or more of these challenges, or a cross-cutting topic.
The EIT Health Campus Summer Schools 2018 were asekd to focus on the following themes:
- Prevention and lifestyle interventions
- Digital transformation in the context of health
- Health entrepreneurship and health innovation
The Summer schools that will take place in 2018 are:
- EIT Health Active Ageing Oxford Summer School (AAOSS): addresses actual health-related challenges associated with an ageing population.
- ClinMeD2018 Summer School: focuses on the process of generating clinical data for medical devices.
- EntrePreneurship and Innovation summer school on healthy living and happy ageing: students develop citizen-centric solutions that help seniors live healthy, more enjoyable lives.
- Innovation Game - A Summer School Applying Serious Game Design on Health Care and Learning (iGame): uses gamification to address real-life healthcare challenges.
- Innovating the Joy of Eating for Healthy Ageing (INJOY): for individuals interested in helping Europeans modify eating behaviours to support healthy ageing.
- Healthcare UPgraded – role of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare (HelloAI): students learn the value of adapting to AI, rather than fearing it.
Details on dates and how to apply to Campus Summer Schools will be posted on these pages as the information becomes available.