Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS)
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) established the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) to increase the innovation capacity in areas of Europe not directly benefitting from the activities of EIT Health and other EIT Knowledge and Information Communities (KICs).
EIT Health's RIS is designed to close the gap between regions that are leaders in healthcare innovation and areas that have more moderate innovation. The goal is to help citizens in less developed European countries enjoy the benefits of innovation – and have access to new products and services supporting active aging and healthy living.
In 2019, EIT Health RIS activities will focus on two main areas of action:
- the involvement of RIS stakeholders in EIT Health programmes;
- the development of local innovation ecosystems in RIS regions, through the dissemination of the knowledge triangle integration model.
EIT Health has already established 14 RIS Hubs in 13 countries across Europe. Click on the map at right to see a Prezi presentation about the assets of RIS Hubs. The Hubs and their websites are as follows:
- Associatia INIT & Freshblood HealthTech (Romania), freshblood.ro
- Consortium ARCA (Italy) http://www.consorzioarca.it/index.php/en/
- DEX Innovation Centre (Czech Republic) http://dex-ic.com/
- Institute of Transdisciplinary Discoveries (Hungary) http://itdweb.hu/hu/kezdolap/
- Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania) https://en.ktu.edu/
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (Lithuania) http://www.lsmuni.lt/en/
- Ljubljana University Incubator (Slovenia) https://lui.si/
- Medical University of Gdańsk (Poland) https://mug.edu.pl
- National Documentation Centre (Greece) http://www.ekt.gr/en
- Rīga Stradiņš University (Latvia) https://www.rsu.lv/starptautiska-sadarbiba/eit-health-ris-centrs
- Tartu Biotechnoloogia Park (Estonia) http://biopark.ee/
- T-Systems (Slovakia) https://myt-systems.sk/en/home/
- University of Évora (Portugal) https://www.uevora.pt/
- University of Porto (Portugal) https://upin.up.pt/en/content/projects
- University of Zagreb (Croatia) http://cirtt.unizg.hr/en/about-us/projekti/eit-health/
RIS provides an opportunity for all important stakeholders of 13 RIS regions to be engaged with the EIT Health network and activities. Specific target groups include: students, PhDs, innovators, entrepreneurs, professionals, executives, start-ups, SMEs, companies, municipalities, citizens, patients and healthcare providers.